Research Group Membership
- EPSRC Institutional Sponsorship 2016
- Development of New Mathematical Sciences Capabilities for Healthcare Technologies
- Mathematical Models of Phononics and Photonics in Disordered Systems.
- Mathematical models for acoustic band structure and Brillouin scattering in photonic crystal fibres.
- Mathematical modelling of fracture in adhesive joints (MATHMOD).
- Computational Problems in the Mathematical Sciences.
- Wiener-Hopf type models for cracks in dynamic elastic lattices
- Computational differential geometry applied to invisibility cloaks in electromagnetism and elastodynamics
- Asymptotic and numerical modelling of faults and thermal striping in materials with a micro-structure
- Uniform approximations for bodies with defects and asymptotics of Green's kernels for singularly perturbed domains
- Mathematical fundamentals of Metamaterials for Multi-scale Physics and Mechanics
- DYNA META 11 - Controlling elastic waves: structured media and metamaterials in the mechanics of solids and structures.
- Flexural Waves in Inhomogeneous Periodic Structures and Localized Vibration Modes
- Thermal vibrations and localisation phenomena for solids with singularly perturbed boundaries.
- Analytical and Numerical Modelling of a Compact Catalytic Reformer.
- Interactions of stress and chemical processes in rocks.
- Discovering Mathematics and Mechanics :Computer Vision and Perturbation Models.
- Support of collaborative research with Professor RC McPhedran.
- Visit by Dr A Piccolroaz to give letures at Liverpol, Manchester, Keele.
- Mathematical roadshow for Year 11 and Sixth Forms.
- Son et lumiere in photo-sonic crystal fibres.