2009-present: Personal invitation to the Monetary Policy Roundtable organised by the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) at the Bank of England.
ESRC and Leverhulme Trust Project evaluator.
Invited talk (entitled “The importance of financial indicators for macroeconomic modelling with an application to the UK”) at the “Financial Resilience Research Cluster launch event”, University of Birmingham, March 2015.
2014-present: ESRC sponsored CFM survey expert (http://cfmsurvey.org/) run on a monthly basis. This monthly CFM survey informs the public about the views held by prominent UK based economists on important macroeconomic and public policy questions.
October 2013: European Central Bank invited talk at an ECB workshop on “The Political Economy of Fiscal Adjustment in Europe”. Title of the talk: “Fiscal Policy Sustainability in the GIPS”.
April 2013: Organiser and chair of a special session on “Financial Crisis and the UK Economy” at the Royal Economic Society annual conference (Royal Holloway, University of London) with Spencer Dale (Executive Director and MPC Member Bank of England) and David Smith (Economics Editor, The Sunday Times) as discussants. The session attracted the attention of Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/04/05/uk-britain-boe-daleidUKBRE93409T20130405) and centralbanking.com (http://www.centralbanking.com/centralbanking/news/2259563/boe-chief-economist-says-qe-impact-will-vary-but-not-diminish-over-time).
February 2012: Special Guest Lecturer at the I.M.F. sponsored course on “Macroeconomic Management and Financial Sector Issues”. Organised by the IMF and delivered in Vienna at the Joint Vienna Institute (http://www.jvi.org). The title of the talk, delivered to staff members of European Central Banks, was “Debt Sustainability and Financial Crises: Evidence from the GIIPS”.
2006-2009: Member of the Programme Committee, Royal Economic Society (RES) annual conference.
Occasional Business Columnist: The Conversation, The Guardian, LSE Blog Politics, Kathimerini Newspaper, To Vima Newspaper, Ta Nea Newspaper, liberal.gr, capital.gr
Senior Research Fellow, Rimini Centre of Economic Analysis, University of Bologna, Italy (http://www.rcfea.org/).
- Review of Economic Analysis (Associate Editor, 2012 - present)
- University of Lancaster, PhD (2015)
- University of York, PhD (2015)
- Queen Mary University of London, PhD (2013)
- University of Bath, PhD (2012)
- Queen Mary & Westfield College (University of London), MSc (PGT, 2011)
- University of Pretoria, PhD (2011)
- University of Manchester, UK, MPhil (2009)
- University of Lancaster, PhD (2009)
- University of York, PhD (2008)
- University of Essex, BSc (UG, 2007)
- University of Essex, BSc (UG, 2006)
- University of York, PhD (2005)
- University of Warwick, PhD (2005)
- University of Essex, BSc (UG, 2005)
Internal Administrative or Committee Roles
- Supervisor to Michael Ellington (completed in 2016).
- Supervisor to Sirui Wu (completed in 2019).
- Referee (REFEREE FOR THE JOURNALS: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society-Series A, Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Journal of International Money and Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Macroeconomics, Economica, International Journal of Forecasting, Review of Financial Economics, Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Futures Markets, International Review of Economics and Finance, European Journal of Finance, Labour Economics, Economic Modelling, Applied Financial Economics, Bulletin of Economic Research, Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics., 1999 - present)