I work with senior executives on issues of strategic change having been engaged in research on strategic change and corporate renewal since 1992. I focus on linking the formulation of strategy through to the implementation of associated cultural and organisational changes promoting the need for contextually specific approaches and the translation of strategic thinking into strategic action.
I am a Trustee of the Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS), serving on the SAMS council. SAMS is a charity providing a governance structure for the Journal of Management Studies, with a broader remit to advance education in the field of management studies (http://www.socadms.org.uk/).
I serve on the editorial boards of Journal of Management Studies and Organization Studies. I have previously served at on the editorial boards of the Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science and Long Range Planning and was also an associate editor of the British Journal of Management
- Journal of Management Studies (Editorial Board Member, 2008 - present)
- Organization Studies (Editorial Board Member, 2005 - present)
Internal Administrative or Committee Roles
- Dean University of Liverpool Management School (2015 - present)
- Member of University of Liverpool Council (University, 2018 - 2024)
- Nominations Committee (University, 2021 - 2024)
Professional Body Memberships
- EGOS (European Group for Organization Studies) (Member, 1999 - present)
- Academy of Management (Member, 1995 - present)
- British Academy of Management (Member, 1994 - present)