Jannine Poletti-Hughes is a Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at the Management School of the University of Liverpool. Her research interests are focused on corporate finance; specifically, in topics of corporate governance, gender diversity on the board of directors, bankruptcy, insider trading, board of directors strategies, transparency in reporting, dividend payments, R&D expenditure and corporate risk-taking. Recently she has developed an interest in the pharmaceutical industrial sector. Specifically, she is developing research on the performance of pharmaceuticals with orphan drugs approvals. She obtained her PhD degree in Economics from the University of York, and before joining the academic sector, she worked as a Financial Analyst at the National Commission of Banking and Securities, Mexico.
Dr. Poletti-Hughes has published at peer-reviewed academic journals such as the European Journal of Finance, Management Accounting Research, Managerial and Decision Economics, the International Journal of Managerial Finance, among others. Her research has also been presented at international conferences organized by the Financial Management Association (FMA), the European Financial Management Association (EFMA), the British Academy of Management (BAM), the European Accounting Association (EAA) and the British Accounting Association (BAA). She has been awarded a prestigious fellowship from the National Researchers Institute (National Council of Science and Technology, Mexico).
Prizes or Honours
- Prize on Corporate Finance Research (Mexican Institute of Executives in Finance (IMEF) and Ernst & Young (EY), 2022)
- 1st prize on Corporate Finance Research IMEF-EY 2021 (Mexican Institute of Executives in Finance (IMEF) and Ernst & Young (EY), 2021)
- 2nd place for the “Adalberto Viesca Sada” prize 2021 (Centre for Family Firms at the University of Monterrey, Mexico, 2021)
- 1st place for the “Adalberto Viesca Sada” prize by the Centre for Family Firms (by the Centre for Family Firms at the University of Monterrey, Mexico, 2019)
- Fellow of the National Research Institute (SNI Level 1). (National Council of Science and Technology, Mexico (CONACYT), 2019)
- Invited Professor (Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi, 2017)
- Award in Corporate Finance Research 2016 (Mexican Institute of Executives in Finance and Ernst and Young (Mexico and the Caribbean), 2016)
- Highest prize award in Corporate Finance Research 2015 (Mexican Institute of Executives in Finance and Ernst and Young (Mexico and the Caribbean), 2015)
- Fellow of the National Researchers Scheme, CONACYT, Mexico (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia, Mexico, 2015)
- Best in Session Award (The Institute for Business and Finance Research, 2011)
- Four-year Prize Fellowship (Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT), Mexico, 2000)