Externally, my research work has been recognised in a number of ways, for example through invitations to join the ESRC peer review committee; the advisory board for PSED (panel study of entrepreneurial dynamics) UK study & EU collaboration project; an invitation to join the editorial board and subsequent appointment as a consulting editor for International Small Business Journal (ISBJ); being voted ‘reviewer of the year’ (ISBJ and MIP); appointments as external examiner for MSc in entrepreneurship at Nottingham and Goldsmith Universities and PG quantitative programmes at Leicester University, as well as visiting chair at MMU Centre for Enterprise. For a number of years I received best paper awards from the two major UK conferences, BAM and ISBE. For over six years, I served the role of Co-Editor for the International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour and Research (IJEBR). Currently I am acting as the chair for the BAM entrepreneurship special interest group and have for the last three years been the chair of the entrepreneurship track at the BAM conference. Being one of the few quantitative researchers in entrepreneurship and small business research, I have been invited to deliver quantitative research method sessions for BAM and ISBE conferences and ISBE mentoring events for post-doctoral researchers in the last five years. I am also board member of NARTI – Northern Advanced Research Training Initiative.
- International Small Business Journal (Consulting Editor, 2014 - present)
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial behaviour and Research (Co-Editor, 2008 - 2014)
- University of Nottingham, MSc Entrepreneurship programmes (2016)
- Goldsmith University , MSc in Digital Entrepreneurship (2014)
Professional Body Memberships
- British Academy of Mangement (Chair- Entrepreneurship Special Interest Group and BAM conference Track , 2013 - present)
- Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (Member, 2008 - present)