I am Director of Student Experience at the Management School; I am a member of the ULMS Management Committee and take a strategic view of the ULMS UG student experience and employability; I lead on projects that will enhance the experience and employability prospects of our UG students. I have a particular interest in the School's TEF position and advise the Management Committee in this area.
I have worked at ULMS since 2009. In this time I have held a number of roles including the Director of Studies for the BA Accounting and Finance programme, and Associate Head of the Economics, Finance and Accounting group.
I am a qualified chartered accountant (FCA), and worked at Grant Thornton accountants before moving into education. I have maintained my connections with the professional accounting community. I am an assessor for the ACCA, the largest global accountancy professional body. I also have a quality assurance role with the ICAEW. I am a member of the British Academy of Management (BAM) Council and a member of the Management, Knowledge and Education Committee.
My main area of interest is in learning, teaching and the overall student experience. I am a Sir Alastair Pilkington and Faculty Learning and Teaching award winner. I have a track-record in developing programmes and modules and teaching related to my expertise in Financial Reporting.
I am also interested in the employability and graduate outcomes of our students, and I am working with a number of local and international professional firms in this area.
My research interests are in student experience, student belonging and employability and recruitability of students.
I take an active role in the wider education community through with professional accountancy bodies, and other networks including Chartered ABS and the British Academy of Management. I am interested in widening participation initiatives and am a governor at St. Edward’s College, Liverpool.
Prizes or Honours
- Teaching and Student Experience Award (ULMS, 2019)
- Award for Teaching Excellence (ULMS, 2018)
- Sir Alastair Pilkington Award (University of Liverpool, 2018)
- Leaders in Learing and Teaching (Chartered Association of Business Schools, 2018)
- Award for Outstanding Teaching (University of Liverpool Management School, 2017)
- Award for Outstandning Teaching (University of Liverpool Management School, 2016)
- Award for Outstanding Teaching (University of Liverpool Management School, 2015)
- Faculty Learning and Teaching Prize (Univeristy of Liverpool, 2013)
- FCA (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, 2013)
- Award for Outstanding Teaching (MMUBS, 2009)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (Higher Education Academy, 2009)
- Award for Outstanding Teaching (MMUBS, 2008)
- PGCAP (Manchester Metrolpolitan University, 2008)
- BA Accounting (University of Liverpool, 1999)
- Management Accounting Award (CIMA and University of Liverpool, 1999)
- Financial Management Award (Tilney Investment Management and UoL, 1999)