I graduated in Veterinary Science from Liverpool University in 1993. After some time in veterinary practice I completed a training scholarship in equine medicine and surgery at University of Glasgow and obtained the Royal College Certificate in Equine Surgery (Orthopaedics) in 1998. I then completed a PhD in Epidemiology at Liverpool University followed by a lectureship post in Veterinary Epidemiology at Massey University in New Zealand before returning to Liverpool. I am also a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Public Health.
Prizes or Honours
- • Winner Petplan Charitable Trust Scientific Award 2018 (Petplan, 2018)
- Home of Rest for Horses Clinical Evidence Literary Award (Equine Veterinary Journal, 2008)
- International Collaborative Research award 2006, (University of Queensland, 2006)
- Home of Rest For Horses Clinical Evidence Literary Award 2005. (Equine Veterinary Journal and the Home of Rest for Horses, 2005)
- 2012 Richard Hartley Clinical Prize. (2012)