Secretary: Mrs Michelle Keeley-Adamson, Email: M.Keeley@liverpool.ac.uk
Terms of Reference
- To be responsible to the Senate for the oversight and monitoring performance of the University’s strategies and plans in relation to postgraduate research (PGR) programmes and students.
- To consider proposed revisions to University Ordinances, Regulations, Policies and Procedures for postgraduate research students and programmes, and to make recommendations.
- To consider all issues relating to the quality assurance and enhancement of postgraduate research degree programmes and report to the relevant University committees.
- To receive reports and recommendations where appropriate from the Liverpool Doctoral College on matters such as arrangements for PGR skills training and supervisor training; PGR community development; PGR placements; PGR marketing and communications; PGR student feedback and PGR fees and funding.
- To receive reports from Faculty PGR Committees on relevant matters.
- To receive copies of relevant reports to PGR student funding bodies.
- To oversee all aspects of PGR collaborative provision, including approving the renewal of collaborative arrangements and referring information to the relevant University committees.
- To oversee the University’s interactions with external bodies in relation to quality assurance matters, e.g. Office for Students (OfS), QAA.
The PGR Committee will report to Senate and refer issues to the Research and Impact Committee, the Education Committee and other groups as required.
Frequency of Meetings
The PGR Committee usually meets on four occasions during the academic year.
The quorum for meetings of the PGR Committee shall be one quarter of the membership.