My main research interest is to explore ways for making policies, plans, programmes and project developments more environmentally sustainable. In this context, and based on practical experiences in the private sector, government and research, I have developed a particular interest in strategic environmental assessment and environmental impact assessment, which I believe are currently the only practical instruments available that can lead at achieving more balanced outcomes.
Prizes or Honours
- Visiting Professor (University of Sao Paolo, 2011)
- Visiting Professor (Nankai University, Tianjin, China, 2011)
- Best Paper Award; Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal Journal (International Association for Impact Assessment, 2010)
- Visiting Professor (Utrecht University, 2009)
- Member of EC COST 356 Action ‘Towards the definition of a measurable environmentally sustainable tra (European Commission, 2009)
- Associate research member of the Viessmann research centre on modern Europe (Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, 2002)