Applications of climate data to health
climate applications, ensemble prediction systems, seasonal forecasts, uncertainty, business applications of climate data, disease models, malaria, boundary layer meteorology, turbulence, Africa, India, West African monsoon, meningitis, forests.
Research Group Membership
- One Health Research Network for the Horn of Africa (HORN)
- Impact of El Niño on malaria vector dynamics in Tanzania and Malawi: observation improvement and unleashing forecasting potential
- Development of a European multi-model Ensemble System for Seasonal to Interannual Prediction (DEMETER).
- Improving projections for the future of bluetongue and its vectors under scenarios of climate and environmental change
- Predicting the effects of climate change on infectious diseases of animals
- Enhancing the public understanding of epidemics: a pilot study in preparing and testing learning materials for school and college students and teachers.
- African monsoon multidisciplinary analysis (AMMA).
- Ghana/Tanzania - UK Science Networking Scheme
- Environmental application of NERC data
- End-to-end Quantification of Uncertainty for Impacts Prediction (EQUIP)
- IRSES - CLIMSEAS
- Risk assessment of the impact of climate change on human health and well-being
- African monsoon multidisciplinary analyses - UK (AMMA-UK).
- Quantifying Weather and Climate Impacts on Health in Developing Countries (QWeCI)
- Healthy Futures
- ENSEMBLE-based predictions of climate changes and their impacts (ENSEMBLES).
Prof. Mike Begon
Rodent population dynamics and climate variablity controls
Prof. Matthew Baylis
Animal health and climate change. Leverhulme proposal submitted.
Dr. John Mitchell
External: The Met. Office
EU FP6 ENSEMBLES project
Prof. Ed Maltby
Climate variablity and water resources impacts on ecosystem services
Dr Ian Hastings
Malaria modelling work in Tanzania driven by seasonal forecasts
Dr. Phillip McCall
Vector borne diseases.
Dr. Madeleine Thomson
External: International Research Institute for Climate and Society
Collaboration on EU DEMETER and EU ENSEMBLES projects and through AMMA International project
Dr. Yves Brunet
External: INRA Bordeaux-Aquitaine
Wind damage in forests GIP EcoFor project and previosu collaboration
Dr. Tim Palmer, FRS
External: European Centre for Medium Range Forecasting
Working on end-to-end integration of forecasts from ensemble prediction systems and the application to end user and impacts studies for both humanitarian and industrial/commercial benifit.
Dr. Barry Gardiner
External: Forest Research, Forestry Commission
NERC CASE Studentships and French GIP-EcoFor funded wind damge project