I am a Reader at the Department of Computer Science and a leader of "Automata, Computability and Complexity Theory" group.
My research is mostly in the study of different reachability questions and the boundaries between decidable and undecidable problems that concern automata, formal languages, semigroups and iterative maps. These areas have quite broad connections with algorithms and combinatorics on words, abstract algebra, topology and computation theory.
Also I am interested in the design and analysis of algorithms in distributed computational models and particularly interested in self-organization, pattern formation and analysis of computational power.
- The Nuffield Foundation Awards to Newly Appointed Lecturers (The Nuffield Foundation 2003)
- Examinations and Assessment Officer
- Chair of Mitigating Circumstances Committee
- Member of Faculty Progress Committee
- Member of the Board of Studies in Computer Science