The research projects in this group fall within the areas of Materials Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Nanomedicine, and Separation Science. Currently, we are particularly active in the research areas of porous materials by emulsion-templating and ice-templating, carbon materials, water treatment, novel stationary phase for HPLC, electrode materials, drug nanoparticles, and non-invasive bioimaging. We don't have any funded positions available now. But we are happy to accept self-funded postgraduate students and researchers in the group in all these research areas.
If you are interested in postgraduate study/research in the group, please feel free to contact me directly.
Prizes or Honours
- 12th Desty Memorial Prize (Desty Memorial Lecture, 2007)
- RCUK Academic Fellow (Research Councils UK, 2005)
Other Personal Distinctions
- Invited lecture (2011 Annual Conference of Chinese Scholars in Belgium, 2011)
- Editorial Board (open access journal ISRN Materials Science, 2011)
- Invited lecturer (Separation Science Asia 2011 in Singapore, 2011)