My role within the Centre for Innovation in Education is to support programme teams as they enhance their curricula and develop new teaching, learning, assessment and digital education practices. Working in the context of the University’s Education Strategy, CIE can offer help to programmes working through review processes and innovating within their curriculum. I am the CIE link with the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (excluding the Management School). I am particularly interested in inclusive pedagogies and student retention and success. My work includes:
- Sharing ideas and pedagogic knowledge with programmes and acting as a critical friend.
- Supporting programmes to align with the Curriculum 2021 framework.
- Creating, curating and sharing resources and case studies designed to inspire and support educational innovation.
- Contributing expertise to the strategic management of student success projects such as KnowHow and Writing@Liverpool.
- Teaching sessions on diversity and inclusive teaching, Curriculum 2021 and Curriculum Design, sometimes as part of the Academy's programme of postgraduate-level professional development.