We are defined by our commitment to social justice and see support for widening participation and internationalisation as central to this aim. As part of this commitment, we are offering the Law Humanitarian Scholarship for international students wishing to continue their academic careers at postgraduate level.
The Law Humanitarian Scholarship is open to support people living outside the UK who have recognised status as refugees or are under humanitarian protection as per the 1951 Refugee Convention. The award covers full tuition fees, visas, and support for accommodation and living expenses.
All applicants for this scholarship must:
- Be able to evidence their Refugee Status, or Humanitarian Protection as recognised by the 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees.
- Have applied to study one of our postgraduate LLM courses.
- This scholarship will provide a full fee waiver for the year long programme as well as accommodation costs and a stipend to support living costs up to the value of £16,062.00.
- Scholars benefitting from this scholarship will also be supported during their time at Liverpool, including language support and visa applications.
- We cannot provide financial or administrative support for family members.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the online application form*.
Applications have now closed for entry 2023 students, and will reopen for the following academic year in January 2024.
Deadline for applications: TBD
*Applicants are required to upload documentation confirming their refugee status on page 3 of the application form.
Back to: Paying for your studies