I am a mathematician working in the area of Algebraic Geometry, mainly classical algebraic varieities, del Pezzo, K3 surfaces,
Calabi-Yau manifolds; arithmetic of quadratic forms; arithmetic hyperbolic reflection groups;
hyperbolic (Borcherds) Kac-Moody Lie algebras.
- Prize of Academy of Sciences of USSR for outstanding results in Mathematics and applications (Prize, Academy of Sciences of USSR 1989)
- Invited talk on Algebraic Geometry Section of the Congress of Mathematicians in Berkeley, USA, 1986 (Invitation to Speak, International Congress of Mathematicians 1986)
- Invited talk "Hyperbolic Reflection groups and algebraic surfaces" (Invitation to Speak, International Congress of Mathematicians 1986)
- Prize of Moscow Mathematical Society to young mathematicians (Prize, Moscow Mathematical Society 1979)
- Member and one of leaders of Algebraic Geometry group in the division(cluster) of Pure Mathematics.
- One of organizers of Algebraic Geometry seminar.
- Also Director of MSc course in Mathematics (during
- last 6 years).