Professor Nicholas Evans B.Sc., Ph.D., F.H.E.A.
Professor Infection Biology & Microbiomes
- +44 (0)151 794 4755
- Work email N.J.Evans@liverpool.ac.uk
- Personal Websitehttps://www.liverpool.ac.uk/infection-veterinary-and-ecological-sciences/research/groups/veterinary-pathobiology/
Nicholas Evans is a Senior Lecturer in Infection Biology (Department of Infection Biology and Microbiomes, Institute of Infection, Veterinary & Ecological Sciences, University of Liverpool). He primarily contributes to teaching & research of Veterinary Infectious Diseases/Microbiology and leads the teaching of Infectious Diseases to Veterinary Science BVSc students (coordinating 2 modules equivalent across Years 1-3).
Nick completed a University of Manchester CASE PhD in 2004 which largely focused on Microbial Genetics / Molecular Biology / Biochemistry and included industrial placements at the National Institute for Biological Standards and Control. He next joined the University of Liverpool Veterinary School as a Postdoctoral Researcher funded through DEFRA and Industry where he developed a keen interest in veterinary microbiology, largely focusing on spirochetes and ruminant diseases. Subsequently he was awarded a BBSRC ‘Postdoctoral Researcher Co-Investigator’ post at the Veterinary School (2008) and went on to be appointed as a Lecturer in 2011 and Senior Lecturer in 2016.
Prizes or Honours
- Wellcome Trust VIP Funding Award (University of Liverpool, 2007)
- CASE PhD Studentship Award (University of Manchester/National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, 2000)
- Sir W.H. Tate Scholarship Award (University of Liverpool, 1999)
Other Personal Distinctions
- Scientific Committee Member for the 7th international Conference on Colonic Spirochaetal Infections, Hannover, Germany (University of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany & Elanco, 2016)
- Session chair for treponeme session at the 7th international Conference on Colonic Spirochaetal Infections, Hannover, Germany (University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Germany & Elanco, 2016)