Engineering is essential to eliminating poverty and preventing the degradation of our environment. It's good to think as engineers we can make a contribution to these matters!
My guiding approach in control engineering research is to use both experimental methods and direct experimental data in the form of nonparametric methods whenever possible.
- Invited Lecture: 'Nonlinear J-Factorisation in Control' (Invitation to Speak, Universities of Warwick and Coventry 2008)
- Keynote Speech: Gasoline Powertrain Calibration (Keynote Speech, Chinese Key-State (ie National) Engine Laboratory, Tianjin, China 2008)
- Invited Talk : 'New Directions in Gasoline Powertrain Control' (Invitation to Speak, I Mech E and UKACC 2008)
- EPSRC Invited Lecture on 'Automotive Applications of Control' (Invitation to Speak, EPSRC 2006)
- Best in Conference Paper (2nd International Conference in Engineering Systems 2000)
- Best In Conference Paper (, International Conference on Identification in Engineering Systems 1998)
- I am the coordinator for the 'Two-Week-Aeroplane' and responsible for the Departmental teaching of 'Mechatronics'.