Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’s vision is for high quality, safe healthcare, and its staff work together to provide excellent healthcare services across Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes and surrounding areas.
It is responsible for a budget of around £215 million each year, managing over 4,200 staff and providing access to care for over 500,000 patients.
The Trust is also home to specialist critical care, stroke, cardiac and surgical units, with the majority of its emergency and complex surgical care based at Warrington Hospital. Halton Hospital is a Centre of Excellence for routine surgery. The Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre (CMTC) is home to its Orthopaedic Surgery Service, and it provides a range of services across the community.
- A&E see over 100,000 patients each year.
- Over 3,000 babies are born each year in the maternity unit
- There are a total of 590 beds across its hospitals
- 4,200 staff work across its wards and departments
- The Trust has an annual turnover of £215 million
- Serves a local population of 313,463 people
- Provide almost 500,000 individual appointments, procedures and stays in hospital each year
- Became a NHS Foundation Trust in December 2008, with over 12,000 public members
- Cut hospital infection rates by over 90% in the last five years