Specialist clinical teaching
Liverpool’s School of Medicine is ideally located for access to some of the UK’s leading specialist clinical units. Students will have the advantage of being taught by clinical experts in hospitals such as Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, and The Walton Centre, the UK’s only specialist hospital trust dedicated to neurological services.
Students also benefit from teaching and research links with the Institute of Tropical Medicine, the Linda McCartney Centre, and St Paul’s Eye Unit.
Primary care is a key focus of our MBChB curriculum. As well as community and General Practice placements, students benefit from regular small group classroom-based teaching throughout the course, led by General Practitioners within the Faculty. This supports an understanding of the impact of care delivery, for both patient and practitioner.
Learn more about the NHS Trusts we work with and the clinical placements they offer:
- Aintree Hospital
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
- Countess of Chester Hospital
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
- Liverpool Women’s NHS Trust
- Mersey Care
- North West Boroughs Healthcare
- Southport and Ormskirk Hospital
- St Helens and Knowsley
- The Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen Hospitals
- The Walton Centre
- Warrington and Halton Hospitals
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital
The map below shows the locations of the NHS Trusts we work with.