Dr Lisa Day PhD, MBA, M.Ed, SFHEA
Director of Online Programmes and Director of Studies Online MBA Strategy, IB and Entrepreneurship
- Work email Lisa.Day@liverpool.ac.uk
I am Director of Studies for the Online MBA (Master of Business Administration) at the University of Liverpool. I joined the University in 2016 and, prior to this, I was a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Management for over 10 years in a UK university. I have also worked in strategy and management roles for Abbey National (now Santander), BT and Marks & Spencer.
I received a PhD from the University of Bath and my main research interest is as part of the ‘Strategy as Practice’ research field, in particular the study of strategic change from a sensemaking and identity perspective. I completed an MBA with Cranfield University in 2000. I also hold an MA in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education and I am a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. This reflects my wider interest in learning and teaching innovation and excellence.
Prizes or Honours
- Best Development Paper Award (British Academy of Management (BAM), Organisational Transformation , Change & Development track, 2019)
- Best Reviewer Award (Academy of Management, Strategizing, Activities & Practices Interest Group, 2019)
- Best Student Paper Award (Academy of Management, Strategizing, Activities & Practices Interest Group, 2016)
- Best Student Paper Award (Academy of Management, Strategizing, Activities & Practices Interest Group, 2015)