You have reached Chris Michael's pages about diving, shipwrecks,
marine research, books and boating [click underlined text to learn more]:
• For information on diving: Liverpool
Bay and Anecdotes; History of dive tables;
Salvage diving - history.
Diving from MARLIN;
possible next MARLIN trip.
• For information on detecting shipwrecks:
Interpreting magnetometer data to deduce
properties of shipwrecks;
Use your mobile phone to detect a
Sonar surveying and Crowd-sourced Charting.
• For information on books about shipwrecks:
of Liverpool Bay (1994) also
of Liverpool Bay Volume II (2008) also
Liverpool Hurricane of 1839 (2014) also
(American Civil War blockade runner lost on maiden voyage in Liverpool Bay)
• Wreck Summaries (web - free): Dee Estuary (2021);
Early SS (2021);
Liverpool Sailing Packets(2021);
Lots more wrecks(2021).
• Search these pages for shipwrecks [just skip the adverts in the results]:
• Information on navigation:
Cruising the Dee estuary;
Cruising the Mersey;
Cruising the Irish Sea;
MARLIN cruises in the Irish Sea area;
Not for navigation;
the Green Bits.
• Summaries of experience with boat equipment:
Fuel tank level;
Hot water on tap;
• Some marine history:
The earliest detailed charts of Welsh ports and
anchorages by Lewis Morris in 1748.
Liverpool involvement in the American Civil War:
Building BlockadeRunners and
• Information on Cubbin's Green
(part of Wirral Country Park close to sea-shore South of West Kirby)