Courses and programmes
Our taught full time one-year programme is both intensive and rewarding and produces consistently successful graduates from the UK and internationally. The programme is accredited by the Archives and Records Association.
Our postgraduate programme has two pathways for those who aspire to become professionally qualified full-time or part-time archivists or record managers:
- Masters in Archives and Records Management (full or part time)
- Masters in Archives and Records Management: International Pathway (full time)
MARM offers first-entry training for students wishing to qualify for careers in archives or records management. The International pathway options has modules specifically designed to address concerns of records managers and archivists working outside the UK. (International students must study full time).
Professional Studies- Continuous Professional Development by distance learning
Our unique distance learning programmes are aimed at making high quality specialist education and training accessible to those working in archives, records and information management contexts, especially within central government and the wider public sector. They are accredited by the University at undergraduate level.
- Diploma/Certificate In Professional Studies: Archives and Records Management (D/CPS ARM)
- Diploma/Certificate In Professional Studies: Records and Information Management (D/CPS RIM)
We welcome applications for research proposals in the areas of archives and records and offer programmes at two levels:
- MRes Archive and Records Studies (full or part time)
- PhD Archives and Records Management (full or part time)