As a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Physics, my research interests span all aspects of imaging, image processing and image analysis. This includes medical imaging (biophysics), scanning probe microscopy of atoms, molecules and surfaces (nanophysics), microscopy of earth materials (geophysics) and astrophotography.
Prizes or Honours
- Sir Patrick Moore Prize (British Astronomical Association, 2019)
- Greatest Contribution to the Student Experience (U Liverpool, 2017)
- Senior Fellow of the HEA (Higher Education Academy, 2015)
- Guild 'Lion' Award (Liverpool Guild of Students, 2010)
- Institute of Physics Prize (Institute of Physics, 2007)
- Sir Alastair Pilkington Award for Teaching Excellence (U Liverpool, 2004)