LC-MS or GC-MS for metabolomics, charge based western blotting and a mass cytometer [More...]
Two imaging instruments for CPR [More...]
Two new instruments to mark the move to the new laboratory! [More...]
20th September: work started on the new laboratories in the Biosciences Building. Photos now on-line [here]. [More...]
- We've purchased a Thermo-Electron TSQ Discovery Triple Quadrupole system to support proteomics and metabolomics
- Our novel method for quantitative proteomics is published in Nature Methods
- We ran the first instance of the NERC hands-on proteomics course
- We've installed a Proxeon nanoLC system
- Our paper on positional proteomics of N-terminal peptides has been published in Nature Methods
- We took delivery of a Kratos/Shimadzu Biotech Axima CFR Tof^2 MALDI MS and Accuspot robot, to develop LC-MALDI.
- We've installed two Dionex Ultimate 3000 nanoLC systems
- Our buffer calculation web site is finally transferred to a new home.
- We took several posters to the 'Genomes to Systems' meeting in Manchester. [all posters under Research/Publications]
- We took several poster to ASMS, Seattle.
- Two of our papers have been cited in "Faculty of 1000"
- We presented our work at the British Society for Proteome Research in Cambridge
- We hosted, with the Mammalian Behaviour and Evolution Group, the International Symposium on "Chemical Signals in Vertebrates" at The University of Chester
- We've installed our Waters Micromass GC-ToF for metabolite/semiochemistry research
- We've installed a second Proxeon nanoLC system
Our Synapt G2 is due for install this week! [More...]
Our new Thermo Velos Orbitrap has been installed. [More...]
- Dec - Welcome Baby Lupe Gomez-Baena!
- Dec - Amy successfully defended her thesis. Congratulations, Dr Claydon!
- Nov - Mandy Peffers joins us on her Wellcome Trust Fellowship. Welcome Mandy!
- Oct - Stu successfully defended his thesis Congratulations, Dr Armstrong!
- Sept Installation of our Waters Synapt and a Waters Xevo QqQ for quantitative studies
- Aug - Jenny and John create an unbreakable covalent bond. Congratulations!
- June - Phil Brownridge and Victoria Harman join us for the big proteome project. Welcome both!
- April - Lupe Gomez-Baena joins us from Cordoba as a Marie Curie Research fellow for biomarker studies. Welcome Lupe!
- Feb - Amy rejoins us to work on ribosome proteomics. Welcome back, Amy
- Feb - Rob starts his sabbatical in earnest, and is working as a BBSRC Industrial Exchange Visitor at Waters in Manchester
- Jan - We received formal notification of our large grant on global quantitative proteomics
- We took delivery of our second ThermoElectron LTQ system, coupled to a Dionex Ultimate 3000
- Ian successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congratulations, Dr Edwards!
- We presented posters at the 4th joint BSPR/EBI meeting in Hinxton
- We were awarded a new BBSRC grant with Simon Hubbard (Manchester) to develop our positional proteomics approach to rational proteome simplification
- We were awarded a new BBSRC grant with Daniel Coca (Sheffield) to extend our studies on FPGA computing to MS/MS and Quantification data
- We've been joined by a new student, Andie Pennington. Welcome Andie!
- We've ordered our third Dionex Ultimate 3000, this one will supply the maXis
- At last, the MaxiS is coming! Photo diary to follow.At 3m tall, it will be major installation challenge, on the first floor of a building with no lifts!
- We presented two posters at the Siena Proteomics meeting
- Rowan successfully defended her PhD thesis. Congratulations, Dr Moore!
- We presented four posters at the HUPO meeting in Amsterdam
- We have been awarded a new BBSRC grant to work on supramolecular assembly and dynamics, with colleagues in Manchester
- Jenny successfully defended her PhD thesis. Congratulations, Dr Rivers!
- We ordered our Bruker MaxiS QToFsystem (resolution=50,000, accuracy=<1ppm, 20Hz acquisition)