The Department of Mathematical Sciences adheres to the following core values:
- Respect: Always behave respectfully towards colleagues and recognise that others are different.
- Open Mindedness: Listen to others’ opinions with an open mind.
- Fairness: Consider others’ perspectives and avoid bias.
- Equality: Discourage discriminatory behaviour and practice.
- Accountability: Speak truthfully, recognise that your words and actions matter and take responsibility for them.
- Inclusiveness: Actively promote a culture which is open and friendly to all.
- Collegiality: Support your colleagues; do not undermine their work publicly or privately. If you provide feedback, make sure it is always constructive.
- Teamwork: Collaborate and work together where appropriate.
These core values were agreed in a department staff meeting on April 26, 2022. If you would like to propose a modification, please contact the Maths EDI Champions group at email@example.com.