My research interest is primarily on planning and management of environmental sustainability and in exploring ways for making policies, plans, programmes and project developments more environmentally sustainable. I have worked on Environmental Assessment (EA) both at project and strategic level (EIA & SEA). Using the lens of Impact Assessment (IA) my research has explored topical issues such as health, climate change, education, green infrastructure and learning. My research also looks into environmental sustainability within the business and urban context. I take a special interest on developing and emerging economies and have strong research links with India and other South Asian countries. My work is usually interdisciplinary and I particularly enjoy international comparative research.
Prizes or Honours
- Poster Award in post graduate research in progress (University of Liverpool, 2004)
- Best Poster Award IAIA 2004 (International Association of Impact Assessment, 2004)
- Overseas Research Scholarship (Universities UK, 2002)
- University of Liverpool International Scholarship (University of Liverpool, 2002)
- University rank holder (Silver Medal) (North Bengal University (India), 2001)