I arrived in Liverpool to study for an MA in 2004/05, and remained to complete my PhD on transnational Tibetan politics. I am currently conducting research on transnational activism in late colonial India, and on politics in South Asia more generally.
From Autumn 2016, I will be Chair of the Geographies of Justice Research Group of the RGS-IBG.
In Summer 2013, I was a BASA/British Academy Visiting Fellow at the Ecole Francais d'Extreme Orient in Pondicherry, India.
I am on Twitter @andyddavies
- BASAS/ECAF Fellowship (Competitive Fellowship, British Association of South Asian Studies 2013)
- Open Day and Admissions Lead for Geography
- Chair of the Geographies of Justice Research Group of the RGS-IBG
- Fellow - Royal Geographical Society (with Institute of British Geographers)
- Member - British Association of South Asian Studies
- Member - Association of American Geographers