Work/Life Balance and Family Friendly
A family friendly university
The University has established several family friendly schemes and benefits to help staff achieve a positive work/life balance. The following information and guidance is available to members of staff to assist them in managing their work/life balance.
- Family Friendly Policies & Procedures
- Childcare Provision & Childcare Vouchers
- Activities for Children & Families
For family friendly policy related queries, please email email@example.com
The University recognises the demands of family life and is committed to supporting members of staff to achieve a balance between work and home life wherever possible. As well as the above policies and information, colleagues can also avail of further benefits such as:
- Generous annual leave provision (intranet) amounting to 26 days for support staff and 30 days for PMSA staff (pro-rata for part-time staff), with academic and research staff able to take annual leave at similar levels by local arrangement. These allowances are offered on top of University closure days (6 days) and bank holidays (8 days) for most categories of staff
- Opportunities to ‘purchase’ additional annual leave via salary sacrifice, through the Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Opportunities to apply for a part-paid career break with the Enhanced Career Break Scheme
- Time off to engage in UK based public duties with the Public Service Leave Policy
- Our volunteering framework, Liv to Give (intranet), provides for up to three days per academic year for staff to use on volunteering activities.
For work/life balance related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
My job gives me flexibility to teach whilst pursuing my own research interests. I am also able to maintain a good work/life balance, managing teaching and research with looking after my young son.