Environmental Assessment and Management MSc
- Programme duration: Full-time: 12 months Part-time: 24 months
- Programme start: September 2023
- Entry requirements: You will need a good 2:1 degree from an approved university or equivalent. Any first degree subject can be considered. We also welcome non-traditional qualifications and relevant work experience which are considered on their individual merits.
Scholarship opportunity from ScottishPower Foundation
Apply now for this scholarship, which meets full enrolment costs and provides a generous monthly living allowance of £1,200.
On this taught programme, which is available full- or part-time, you’ll develop advanced environmental planning and management skills.
You’ll also gain an understanding of the environmental implications of development action and of the wider social, political and economic issues surrounding decisions about the environment.
This course is accredited by IEMA. IEMA is the professional body for everyone working in environment and sustainability. This course entitles students to FREE student membership for the duration of the course and on successful completion you qualify for GradIEMA. Graduate membership is a launchpad for future leaders within environment and sustainability and offers a range of benefits to support you throughout your career. You can then “Fast track” to Practitioner Membership (PIEMA) following successful completion of the work-based assessment of competence. For more information visit https://www.iema.net/
Case study: Mwale Mutale
"Juggling part-time study with a career comes with its own challenges and I have been very fortunate to have all the support from my tutors. They are incredibly knowledgeable and go the extra mile to provide help and guidance when needed. They definitely push you to realise your potential."Read Mwale's full case study
World's first planning school
As the world's first planning school we have two main roles:
- as a centre of excellence for innovative and influential research and scholarship; and
- as a leading provider of high quality professional education.
Excellent academic staff
We have excellent academic staff who are actively engaged with research and professional practice. This is reflected in the fact we edit two international journals
- Town Planning Review
- Journal of Environmental Assessment Policy and Management