Benefits for participants
PAL sessions provide you with social and academic support. The PAL scheme allows you to:
- discuss problems on a one-to-one basis.
- improve both your independent and teamwork skills.
- improve your communication skills.
- develop relationships with fellow students in your year, as well as the PAL leaders.
- be able to discuss ideas with other students with varying perspectives to help better your understanding of a given topic.
- ask other students questions you may feel too embarrassed to ask lecturers.
In addition, engaging with the PAL scheme helps you to:
- increase your confidence in problem areas
- feel more confident when talking to “authority figures” such as lecturers
- understand the concepts of the course
- advance your understanding of maths and ultimately, helps you to advance to higher tiers
- develop study and learning strategies
- integrate more quickly into university life
- be better prepared for any assessment and exams