Physics Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Community meetings
To support the Physics HE community to develop good practice for remote, virtual or hybrid learning and teaching, a group of academics, with the Institute of Physics and IOP Higher Education Group, started a series of meetings to discuss these and other Physics Education topics.
Initially, the meetings took on a simple format; two or three presentations with some questions, followed by the opportunity to join a breakout room to talk about a specific topic. The presentations were recorded and made available online. Meeting topics have been crowd-sourced and many of the community have volunteered to support the initiative.
This website hosts those recordings and some notes about the meeting can be found below
Want to join future meetings? – please fill in this form with your .ac.uk or ac.ie email address or email directly.
- 12th March 2021 - Transition to Year 1 in Sept 2021
- 29th January 2021 - Our Semester 1 Experiences
- 10th September 2020 - Sharing Lab Plans
- 3rd September 2020 - PGRs who teach
- 6th August 2020- Communities
- 23rd July 2020- Group Work
- 9th July 2020 - Taking Teaching Online
- 2nd July 2020 - Inclusion
- 24th June 2020 - PGR Supervision in the COVID-19 crisis
- 18th June 2020 - Assessments for learning
- 4th June 2020 - Laboratories
- 29th May 2020