English Language Centre students

English Language Centre students

Living in University accommodation is a great idea if you are coming to Liverpool to study for your course with the English Language Centre.

Our University residences are friendly places to live, offer excellent accommodation and will make it easier for you to settle in to studying in Liverpool. Living on campus has its benefits - a short commute to class, and close to local facilities and amenities within an amazing student community.

Our residence at Vine Court has an on-site restaurant which offers a wide variety of choice, with dishes freshly prepared using top quality ingredients. Vegetarians, special dietary requirements and religious faiths are all catered for.

The University's international advice and guidance team runs a welcome programme each year, including talks on life in the UK, campus tours and help with tasks such as opening a bank account or registering with a doctor, as well as a variety of social events.

Rent for your University accommodation covers your private study bedroom, utility bills, insurance for your belongings, Hi-Speed WiFi and use of communal social areas.

Pre-sessional English students

As a Pre-sessional English student, you have a choice between two university accommodation contracts; a 'PSE-only contract' or a 'combined contract'.

PSE-only contract

You can choose to live in University accommodation only for the duration of your course - you will stay for a shorter period of time and will then need to move out at the end of your Pre-sessional English course. If you require accommodation for your 10/6 week Pre-sessional course only, you are likely to be housed in Vine Court. If you then require accommodation for your pre-sessional course, you can apply for postgraduate accommodation, although you will need to move rooms/halls.

12 Week Pre-Sessional Students are housed in Melville Grove.

Combined contract

A 'combined contract', covers both the duration of your pre-sessional course and your academic studies for the next year. The main benefit of this type of contract is that you can live with your friends and stay in your room at the end of your Pre-sessional English course into your postgraduate course without having to move rooms.

This also makes it easier as you don't need to provide a guarantor to live in accommodation provided by the University, or change your address at the end of your Pre-sessional English course.

Combined contracts are housed in Philharmonic Court.

Please note: Applicants hoping to bring their families with them will not be able to stay in university halls of residence. More information can be found on the English Language Centre’s website.

Back to: Accommodation