Standard Visitor Visa

You can come to the UK as a Standard Visitor for up to six months.

This visa can be used for:

  • for tourism, for example on a holiday or to see your family and friends
  • for certain business activities, for example attending a meeting
  • to do a short course of study
  • to take part in research or an exchange programme as an academic
  • for medical reasons, for example to receive private medical treatment

You may not have to apply for a visa. What you need to do depends on your nationality and what you plan to do in the UK.

Check if you need to apply for a UK visa.

Any salary should continue to be paid by the academic's own overseas institution;


Back to: Working at Liverpool