Cup of coffee with plane outline, map and wallet

Visiting the UK

The University of Liverpool welcomes visitors from across the world to undertake a variety of academic activities, including conducting research, giving lectures and acting as examiners, etc. 

To comply with UKVI rules anyone undertaking work activities at the University should have the right to work in the UK to ensure that they have permission to undertaking work activities while at the University.

Who is a visitor?

A visitor is someone who is coming to the UK, usually for up to six months, for a temporary purpose, for example as a tourist, to visit friends or family or to carry out a business activity. Visitors are not permitted to undertake employment and can only carry out work which falls within the permitted activities of the category of Visit visa they hold.

Visitors to the University who have been invited or are being hosted by the University would come to the UK, would require a formal letter of invitation from the University to evidence the purpose of their visit.

See below the different visitor visa routes available, and find further guidance at GOV.UK.

Youth Mobility Route

The Youth Mobility visa has replaced the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa.

Further guidance

There are a variety of other routes through which you can gain the right to work in the UK. However, gaining a visa through one of these other routes is contingent upon an individual having strong links with the UK, either through family, ancestry or due to the length of time already lived in the UK.

More information is available on the below links: