Preparing to living and work in a different country can be a daunting experience. This section provides important information about the steps required for applying for your visa and planning your move to the UK.
Before you leave
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland you have the right work and live in the UK and be treated the same as any UK citizen. For more information visit the UK Visa and Immigration website for all the latest information.
The UK operates a points-based system. Migrants must score the required number of points and in most circumstances have a job offer from a licensed sponsor (employer).
Information on different categories of work visa can be found on the Visas and Immigration - work visas website.
Commonwealth citizens with UK ancestry can access relevant visa information here.
59/61 Tithebarn Street,
Telephone: +44 (0)151 242 0920
What to bring
Make sure you have all your relevant documents with you before travelling to the UK.
- Visa (plus a photocopy)
- Passport (plus a photocopy)
- Job offer and acceptance (plus a photocopy)
- Qualifications (plus a photocopy)
- Travel Documents (plus a photocopy)
- Travel Insurance (plus a photocopy)
- Diving licence (plus a photocopy)
- Details of your final destination
- British currency (Pounds Stirling)