How will I benefit?
We know that spending a year at XJTLU, following the China Studies programme will give you a huge range of personal, academic and employability benefits. But don't just take our word for it:
- Learning Chinese boosts your employability: A report from the British Council identified Chinese as number 4 in a list of ten languages which will be of crucial importance for the UK’s prosperity, security and influence in the world in the years ahead
- Study Abroad gives you better employability prospects: A recent report from the Go International programme (part of the UUK Interational Unit) tells us that graduates who participated in study abroad are more likely to be in work or further study 6 months after graduating and that their average salary is higher
- Study Abroad gives you better academic prospects: The same Go International report also tells us that graduates who participated in study abroad are more likely to achieve a 1st or 2:1. We've run the data, and this is true of University of Liverpool students
- Study Abroad gives you skills employers want: A plethora of studies tell us that Study Abroad enhances skill such as maturity, self-confidence, tolerance of ambiguity, emotional resilience, flexibility and greater independence. Our own students consistently report that Study Abroad increases, for example, their independence and problem solving skills.
- Study Abroad makes you stand out from the crowd: In 2012/13, only around 5% of the entire UK graduating cohort studied abroad
These are just some of the fantastic reasons why you should consider the Year in China programme. The Study Abroad Team will hold events throughout the academic year for you to find out more about this amazing opportunity.