Making an application
Applications are now open to study abroad in academic year 2022/23.
- Semester Abroad/Year Abroad/Year in China: 18 February 2022
- Summer Abroad: 11 March 2022
Before you apply, here are some useful tips:
- Make sure to research the Partner Universities and the scheme you want to apply for carefully
- Attend a Global Opportunities event to help you in making your choice - see the events page to find out when and where our events are being held
- You should use our search tool to pick eligible universities - your degree programme MUST match with your chosen universities
- You're strongly encouraged to only pick ONE university that is marked as "Very Competitive" and you should list it as your first choice
- For Semester Abroad, the semester you would attend each university is fixed - the university profile will tell you which (i.e. you cannot choose)
- Take a look at our Grade Conversion Tables for University-wide Partners
What happens next?
The Global Opportunities Team will review your application and give an overall score. For Semester Abroad, if, after ranking applications, we do not have enough spaces to accommodate students who have achieved the 60% minimum, we will operate a waiting list. See below for information on how we score applications: