This programme fulfils the need for dental practitioners to have access to a higher dental degree which provides specialist clinical training in Endodontics.
The Professional Doctorate is a research qualification that contains Professional Skills Training. Students who successfully complete the DDSc programme in Endodontics will be awarded the DDSc (Endodontics) from the University of Liverpool and a MEndo from the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) of Edinburgh. Both Endodontics Specialist Curriculum and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh blueprints in Endodontics are embedded into the programme.
Why School of Dentistry?
Excellent facilities and equipment
A recent £6m investment programme's dramatically upgraded our teaching and research facilities, and created additional postgraduate places.
Here are some of the key features:-
- New sedation and oral surgery suites
- State-of-the-art training facilities
- New tutorial rooms
- Enhanced patient facilities
- New research laboratories, closely integrated with clinical areas and featuring extensive, state-of-the-art equipment
- A new Oral Health Suite with dedicated research facility within a clinical area of the hospital
- Refurbished lecture theatres, multi-skills suites, teaching rooms and Student Common Room.
- High quality school laboratories
We accommodate many specialist dentistry interests through our partnership with the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Together we've created state-of-the-art facilities for specialist dentistry research and education, including the management of clinical trials to a high level of clinical governance.
Wide range of programmes
Programmes in the School of Dentistry extend from short courses, aimed at updating the general dental practitioner, to full-time studentships leading to higher degrees, with a large variety of research based or professional training programmes in between. We also have a steadily expending menu of verifiable CPD courses for all members of the dental team.