Research Staff Conferences
Research Staff Association Conference 2018: Enhancing the research environment and researcher career progression
University of Liverpool, Tuesday 11th December
The 2018 Research Staff Conference will open with a keynote presentation by Professor Anthony Hollander, the PVC Research and Impact. This will be followed by flash presentations from Early Career Researcher Seed Funding Winners about what the awards have enabled them to achieve. The afternoon sessions include two panel Q&As on effective PI career practices and School/Institute postdoctoral networks.
What will you gain from attending:
- Receive information about the University’s research and impact strategy and the benefits to your own research practice
- Add your comments and views on processes available to support research staff and engage with the University's senior management
- Explore effective career practices for researchers
- Meet other university research staff and share your experiences with staff from all faculties of the university
Any member of research and research-related staff across all disciplines. The conference is free of charge to University of Liverpool staff.
The University Of Liverpool - Management School (ULMS), Seminar Room 5,
Download Map (Building no: 427, Square: F2/F3)
Conference Organising Committee:
Dr Katharine Abba, Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease
Dr Helen Cauldbeck, School of Chemistry
Mr Ashkan Eliasy, School of Engineering
Dr Janette Greenhalgh, Institute of Psychology, Health and Society
Dr Stephnie Kennedy, Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease
Dr Cathy Mahoney, School of The Arts
Dr Ramya Maitreyee, Institute of Psychology, Health and Society
Dr Saneeya Qureshi, The Academy
Dr Alison Savage, School of Physical Sciences
Past Annual Liverpool Research Staff Conferences
The annual Liverpool Research Staff Conference offers researchers the opportunity to talk about their development needs and plans.
The event attracts interest from across all University’s faculties and provides themes on Academic related, research and professional development practice and processes.
A committee consisting of Liverpool Research Staff coordinates the planning phase and delivery of the event.
Previous annual Liverpool Research Staff Conference titles and themes:
- 2015 conference - Round Table Discussions – Sharing Good Practice
- 2013 conference - Planning ahead: building on our research capacity and career network
- 2012 conference - Research and Society: Engagement, Impact & Partnership
- 2011 conference - Career development in Academic and beyond; realising your true potential
- 2010 conference - Collaboration & Impact
- 2009 conference - Investing in our researchers