Initially launched in June 2020, the latest iteration of the Prosper portal was launched in June 2021 following 12 months of feedback gathered from postdocs across our three partner institutions.
Our postdoc resources are organised around three interlinked themes, designed to help you get the most out of the resources
• Reflect – Begin by identifying your existing strengths, values and interests, as well as your professional identity as a postdoc.
• Explore – Here you’ll find career case studies from former postdocs and tips on how you can find out more about specific careers and roles to help you to begin thinking about different career pathways.
• Act – Find out more about how your skills and preferences translate beyond academia and get insights into the competencies and mindsets a range of employers are looking for.
For Principal Investigators
We recognise the pivotal role of Principal Investigators in postdocs’ career development and future success. Our initial resources include dedicated information to support PIs in this, including:
• PI case studies: Hear from PIs on their experiences of supporting their postdocs’ development alongside conducting research.
• Career conversations: Ever wondered how best to approach the topic of career development with your postdocs? Use this section to find out about how to do this effectively.
• PI network: Our PI network is open to all academic staff and gives you the chance to shape the development of the Prosper model going forward, as well as to learn from and share best practice with colleagues from across all disciplines.
We also encourage PIs and managers of researchers to explore the portal resources dedicated to postdocs so that they can champion these to their postdocs.
The Prosper Portal will be our primary means of dissemination as we begin to roll-out the Prosper model to the broader HEI sector from Summer 2023. As such, we will be developing the portal significantly over the next year in response to lessons learned from the ongoing Prosper career development pilots and in preparation for sector-wide roll-out. The portal will continue to have extensive content oriented towards postdocs and PIs and we also plan to develop and expand resources aimed at other key stakeholder groups, including research staff developers.
Our partners and funder
Back to: Researcher Hub