Making an Impact 2020 Commitment
Recognising the challenges of current ways of working, the Academy has rapidly responded to the new reality presented by the COVID-19 pandemic by moving our support, facilitation and portfolio of researcher development opportunities online. The rapid changes in the professional landscape, along with the state of isolation that many are working in, mean that it is more important than ever to stay connected, and to learn from one another.
Making an Impact 2020 will provide an ever-higher bar of support to colleagues in this new environment, helping to develop effective ways of fostering research impact skills and knowledge.
Making an Impact 2020 has now made the online pivot completely, and will signpost to both internal and external web-based content that staff may find helpful. These resources and materials will freely be available to all staff even after the series finishes.
The programme is ambitious, flexible and innovative, providing diverse opportunities for participants to create a bespoke development experience for themselves. It has been designed keeping in mind the following from participants’ perspectives:
- Caring responsibilities and gendered perspectives
- Accessibility needs
- Varying broadband speeds
- Mobile phone access
- Dipping in & out at different times and need for breaks for screen time away
- Online social space which will bring together Making an Impact 2020 participants, facilitators
- Resources post #unilivimpact20
- Musical playlist to inspire & motivate
- Tweet and web chats using the #unilivimpact20 hashtag
- Weekly prizes to win via Twitter and email
- Visual minutes
- Comprehensive guidance to facilitators about planning their sessions
With sessions from Vice Chancellors, National Funders, leading academics, professional bodies, research impact leaders, external facilitators and others, we assure you that our commitment to the development of your research impact and associated knowledge, skills and attributes remains as strong as ever.
Back to: Researcher