Making an Impact 2020 Commitment
Recognising the challenges of the ways of working at the time, The Academy rapidly responded to the new reality presented by the COVID-19 pandemic by moving our support, facilitation and portfolio of researcher development opportunities online. The rapid changes in the professional landscape, along with the state of isolation experienced by many, highlights the importance to stay connected, and to learn from one another.
Making an Impact 2020 provided an ever-higher bar of support to colleagues in this new environment, helping to develop effective ways of fostering research impact skills and knowledge.
Making an Impact 2020 made the online pivot completely, and signposted to both internal and external web-based content. These resources and materials are freely be available to all staff.
The ambitious, flexible and innovative programme provided diverse opportunities for participants to create a bespoke development experience for themselves. It was designed keeping in mind the following from participants’ perspectives:
- Caring responsibilities and gendered perspectives
- Accessibility needs
- Varying broadband speeds
- Mobile phone access
- Dipping in & out at different times and need for breaks for screen time away
- Online social space which will bring together Making an Impact 2020 participants, facilitators
- Resources post #unilivimpact20
- Musical playlist to inspire & motivate
- Tweet and web chats using the #unilivimpact20 hashtag
- Weekly prizes to win via Twitter and email
- Visual minutes
- Comprehensive guidance to facilitators about planning their sessions.
With sessions from Vice-Chancellors, national funders, leading academics, professional bodies, research impact leaders, external facilitators and others, our commitment to the development of research impact and associated knowledge, skills and attributes remains as strong as ever.
The Academy has produced an evaluation report following the end of the Making an Impact 2020 programme.
Back to: Researcher Hub