Postgraduate Research Students
Meet our postgraduate research students and capture an insight into their diverse range of interests.
|Thomas Brown||An asymmetric theory of propositions|
|Sam Cloake||McDowell and the externalist costs of direct realism|
|Samuel Cooper||A New Approach to the Reality of Iris Murdoch's Good|
|Ian Dunbar||Making Sense of Fregean Sense|
|Ruthie Miller||Causal Naturalism|
Here you can find the details of students who have recently completed their PhD's with us.
- Thom Atkinson - Human organisms and the survival of death
- Rob Booth - Environmental Crises and Eco-Phenomenological Praxis
- Oliver George Downing - Towards a Dialectical Materialist Philosophy of Love
- Rachel Handley - A Defence of Simon Blackburn’s Quasi-Realism
- Xiaoyan Hu - The Relation between Art and Nature: The Notion of ‘Qi Yun’ (‘Spirit Resonance’) in Chinese Art in Comparison with Western Ideas
Work in Progress Meetings
The Department meets throughout teaching weeks to share work in progress. This might include papers and chapters in preparation, book proposals, funding applications or ideas for new research projects and collaborations. Post graduate research students are encouraged both to attend and to present at these meetings, which are open to faculty, PGT and PGR students.