Liverpool academics named in global list of influential researchers
Seven academics from the University of Liverpool have been named in a prestigious annual list of ‘highly cited’ researchers.
The Highly Cited Researchers 2022 list, from Clarivate, recognises 7,725 researchers from 69 countries who have demonstrated significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade.
Their names are drawn from the highly cited papers that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year in the Web of Science™ citation index.
The Liverpool researchers featured on this year’s list are:
- Professor Tsan-Ming (Jason) Choi, Chair in Operations and Supply Chain Management in the Management School
- Professor Andy Cooper, Professor of Chemistry and Director of the Materials Innovation Factory
- Dr Quinn Gibson, Research Associate in the Department of Chemistry
- Professor William Hope, Dame Sally Davies Chair of AMR Research in the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- Dr Lin Jiang, Reader in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Professor Sir Munir Pirmohamed, David Weatherall Chair in Medicine and Director of the MRC Centre for Drug Safety Science in the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- Professor John Wilding, Professor of Medicine in the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
David Pendlebury, Head of Research Analysis at the Institute for Scientific Information at Clarivate said: “Research fuels the race for knowledge and it is important that nations and institutions celebrate the individuals who drive the wheel of innovation. The Highly Cited Researchers list identifies and celebrates exceptional individual researchers at the University of Liverpool who are having a significant impact on the research community as evidenced by the rate at which their work is being cited by their peers. These individuals are helping to transform human ingenuity into our world’s greatest breakthroughs – and it is an honour to celebrate their achievements.”
Visit the full 2022 Highly Cited Researchers list.