Learning and Teaching Fellowship Scheme
The University of Liverpool is dedicated to recognising academic and professional service colleagues who support excellence in learning and teaching. Since 2016, this recognition has included the award of Learning and Teaching Fellowships, granted to individual staff who can evidence an outstanding contribution to the innovation and development of educational practice.
The Fellowship scheme is hosted by The Academy. Those recognised and celebrated by the award of Fellow continue to play a key role in the on-going development, sharing and adoption of innovative practice, supporting the University’s strategic ambition for educational excellence.
Learning and Teaching Fellowships are awarded on an annual basis to colleagues who are able to demonstrate how their practice has met one or more of the following key elements:
- A significant innovation in teaching or supporting learning that has significantly enhanced student learning within their discipline and/or beyond
- Created a step change in the way student learning is supported, promoted or assessed at a discipline, School, Faculty or University level
- Directly encouraged the adoption of innovative practice by colleagues within the University or beyond, in support of enhanced student learning
- Has had a measurable impact on student attainment and teaching excellence, in line with the objectives of the Liverpool Curriculum Framework and the Education Strategy 2026.
The Fellowship includes the award of £1000 and the opportunity to be mentored by a member of The Academy team to support the further development and dissemination of their work. Download further information for the 2022-23 Fellowship Scheme here: Guidance for the Learning and Teaching Fellowship Scheme (Word, 65KB).
The call for the 2022/2023 Learning and Teaching Fellowships has now closed. The call for the 2023/2024 Learning and Teaching Fellowships Round #1 will open in June 2023.
Successful case studies
- Personalised Learning
- Hive Learning
- Teaching Enhancements
- Communities of Practice
- Further developing a micro-learning approach to teaching
- Developing blended practice-based learning placements
- Developing resilience workshops for student wellbeing
If you would like to discuss your application with a member of The Academy Team please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any general questions or queries can be directed to email@example.com with the subject title ‘L&T Fellowship Query’.
Explore our offer
The Academic Development team have created an interactive guide to support you in navigating the breadth of opportunites on offer. Visit the Developing Your Teaching page for more information.