The Student Sustainability Hub is a central point of reference for all students at Liverpool interested in sustainability opportunities outside of their programmes. The hub has been developed by student interns supported by the Education for Sustainable Development Working Group. Students can access the hub through Canvas and are automatically enrolled.
The hub provides students with access to:
- The Student Sustainability Network.
- The Sustainability in Action online short course introducing students to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. This course can be taken informally by students or they can complete short assignments and receive HEAR accreditation.
- External sustainability courses – including LinkedIn Learning.
- Campus and volunteering activities organised by the Guild.
- Practical resources e.g. recycling.
- Forthcoming events and other activities.
Staff access to the Student Sustainability Hub
Staff can't access the main Student Sustainability Hub in Canvas site, but you can self-enrol onto a mirror staff only version: Student Sustainability Hub - Staff
Incorporating the Sustainability in Action course into your teaching
Staff don’t have access to the hub in Canvas, but you can incorporate the whole Sustainability in Action course or sections of the course into your Canvas modules. To do this:
Select ‘Commons’ from the side menu bar.
Search for ‘Sustainability in Action’
Select either the whole course or each section as appropriate.
Select the blue ‘Import’ button, and select the Canvas course you want to import into.
The Sustainability in Action course content consists of 5 sections; People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace and Partnerships.
Back to: Centre for Innovation in Education