As the Head of Diversity and Equality, my role is to contribute to the University achieving its strategic objectives by working with colleagues from across the institution to embed equality, diversity, inclusion (EDI) and wellbeing in all that we do.
- Managing and co-ordinating the implementation of the University's equality and diversity objectives, continuously working towards creating a more inclusive cultures across the University
- Leading the Diversity and Equality team within the Academy and supporting the wider Human Resources team
- Coordinating the University’s involvement in relevant charter marks; including Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter
- Working strategically and in partnership with senior managers and stakeholders to develop excellent equality and diversity practice within the University and to enhance local and community engagement
- Contributing to the development of services in regard to good practice through; external benchmarking, peer support, staff development activities and cross service collaborations.