As well as full access and use of the University libraries, colleagues can avail of particular services such as:
- Free access to computing software (Microsoft products, anti-virus software, professional applications), including for use on personal devcies
- Public transport loan schemes providing interest free loans to cover the costs of annual travel passes, with one month of free travel paid for by the University
- Cycle to Work Scheme providing interest free loans to help cover the cost of purchasing a bike
- Car share scheme - two dedicated car parks for those who are car sharing, and LiftShare, a platform to help staff find suitable car share arrangements.
- Childcare voucher scheme offering a cost-effective option to purchase childcare vouchers
- Preferential access to high quality childcare centre and holiday play schemes.
Perks at Work
University of Liverpool staff have free access to the external Perks at Work scheme, providing exclusive discounts including cinema tickets, online shopping, travel, electronics and holidays.
The Loyalty Plus Rewards Scheme provides the ability for staff members to load money on to their staff card and use this to pay at University outlets, earning rewards and discounts.
Colleagues are entitled to purchase an NUS TOTUM card, providing access to a wide range of student discounts.
Colleagues also have access to discounts such as:
- Ness Gardens - concessionary rate of £1 entry for University of Liverpool staff, and discounted rate for family members
- Discounted access to the Small Animal Practice in Crown Street, a fully-equipped veterinary clinic
- Access to Activity Base – offering self-catering chalet accommodation in the breathtaking surroundings of the Snowdonia National Park.
Employee Assistance Programme
Caolleagues have 24/7 access to free services via the Employee Assistance Programme, including counselling, legal and financial advice services.
Find out more
Registered staff can access the staff benefits intranet area here.
Each staff member has access to “Perks at Work” which gives staff discounts for online shopping, travel and electronics. The University also offers an Employee Assistance Programme...it is reassuring to know this is available if I ever needed it.
Back to: Working at Liverpool