Dr Charles Buckley (PFHEA, NTF)
Senior Academic Developer
Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Science (Lough), Master of Science (MMU) Bachelor of Education (Hons)
As Lead for Scholarship Informed Practice, I work in collaboration with colleagues from across the Academy, the wider institution and beyond to enhance the development of excellence in learning and teaching in line with the University’s strategic objectives. I am the Editor of the Developing Academic Practice journal and coordinator for the MA Academic Practice dissertation module as well as acting as the Teaching Excellence Award Lead for NTF/CATE.
Key Contact for:
- Developing Academic Practice Journal
- MA Academic Practice
- Pedagogic Research Conference
- Development for External Examiners
- Professional Services Ethics Committee
Recent publications, awards, recognition
- 2021 - Global Academic Development Good Practice Award Finalist University of Liverpool Integrated Approach to Developing Teaching and Scholarship (Team Award)
- Buckley, C.A., Saetnan, E., Gerber, A., Cheetham, J., Price, T., Kenyani, J and Greaves, A. (2021) Impact of writing workshops on doctoral student wellness. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education. Plymouth, UK (20) doi: 10.47408/jldhe.vi20.593 https://journal.aldinhe.ac.uk/index.php/jldhe/article/view/593
- Buckley, C. A and Husband, G (2020) Lecturer Identities and Perceptions of CPD for Supporting Learning and Teaching in FE and HE in the UK International Journal of Management and Applied Research, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 432-453. http://ijmar.org/v7n4/20-031.html
- Buckley, C. A and Nerantzi, C. (2020) Effective Use of Visual Representation in Research and Teaching within Higher Education, in: Buckley, C. and Nerantzi, C. (2020) Exploring visual representation of concepts in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Special Issue, International Journal of Management and Applied Research, Vol.7 No. 3, pp. 196-214, available at http://ijmar.org/v7n3/20-014.html
- National Teaching Fellow (2012) and Principal Fellow (2014).
- SEDA Scholarship and Research Committee member
- Editorial Board member: International Journal of Management and Applied Research and Innovations in Education and Teaching International. Associate Editor: Higher Education Pedagogies
- Chief External Examiner Plymouth Marjon
- Advance HE Accreditor
- Visiting Professor University of Bolton and Visiting Fellow Northumbria University.