Postgraduate research opportunities
Our strengths lie in the cultural, historical, transnational, and political dimensions of translation, as well as in practice-based approaches, especially in literary and academic settings.
- Visit our PhD hub to find out about our PhD programmes, studentships and more.
- Find out about our current PhD students and their research topics.
- Contact our staff to discuss possibilities for supervision of your research project.
Research theses can be supervised in any area of Translation Studies, but we particularly welcome projects that complement our interest in the multiple intersections between language, media, and identity.
Our research themes are:
- Habitus and Hexis in News Translation of Saudi Arabia in the British Broadsheet Press
- Motivations and Structures in Chinese Fansub Communities
- The Treatment of Swearing in English to Chinese Audio-Visual Translation
- The Anglophone Author-Function of the German author Christa Wolf
- The Translation of Greek Civil War Narratives from Anglophone Fiction into Greece.