The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences runs a series of Faculty PGR events across the academic year, which provide an opportunity to become involved in the wider research community beyond your department, and meet PGRs from other disciplines. These events include:
- A Faculty PGR Induction in October;
- A Faculty PGR Open Day in November;
- A ‘Final Year Refresher’ event, where PGRs approaching the end of their PhD can receive guidance on the submission process and how to prepare for the viva;
- Faculty PGR Open Meetings in November and March, which are an opportunity for PGRs to offer feedback to Faculty and the wider University;
- A Faculty PGR Showcase in June, which is an opportunity for PGRs to profile their work for researchers from other disciplines, as well as representatives from external industry partners.